Thursday, October 8, 2009

of courage and peers

I digress from my accounting tutorial.

I remember one fine quiet night when i was in sec 2 (so innocent, still am!), a friend told me that there was a new sentimental lovey emo Bryan Adams song, and being a big fan, he gave me the link over msn and I checked it out.

The lyrics scrolled up slowly (star wars style) but the words were pretty tiny and I had to go closer to the screen to read them. Then all of a sudden, my screen blacked out and this horrific disfigured face of a female monster jumped out of the screen and there was the most ear-piercing spine-chilling fear-inducing glen's-knee-weakening scream of all time blasted on my speakers. Needless to said I was freaked out (mind you i'm actually very brave). My heart skipped many beats and I scampered to turn off the speakers and monitor screen and switched off the entire power to the computer. I was so horrified and intensely fearful that I instantly went to bed.

This happened once or twice more and the effect kept getting worse. Man, come on this will give u nightmares!

Ever since then, whenever i'm video surfing on youtube and see conspicuous videos that hold a certain element of ambiguity and suspiciousness, I would approach the video very carefully and thoroughly read comments, or not bother about it at all.

For the last many many years, I have successfully avoided all of these, until 10 min ago.

Seeing an interesting video about pepsi on facebook, I got tricked into peering closely at the screen again. and then.. BOOMZ. the scary face appeared! OMG the scary face raised my hair and freaked me out again, although not as bad as 7 years ago cos it wasn't that scary and I'm now MUSCULARGLEN. i'm a strong brave man that can defeat all monsters because i'm lvl 99 and they're lvl 1.

Shame on the friend that posted it on facebook!! I can't believe people actually feel any thrill into mindlessly scaring their peers like that! So i would like to appeal to all the kind souls out there, STOP POSTING SUCH LAME VIDEOS THAT WOULD HURT MY STRONG BUT DELICATE HEART! Seriously, post some acoustic emo-momo music that would soothe me, don't be lame and post such retarded stuff. Come on!

That being said, i reiterate that i am very very brave. Some people even call me GlenSimba the Lion, for my outstanding courage.

On to other things...

Chronicles of Tony was great!!! Spent the entire day slogging away at Tony's place and achieved much in terms of work done (force x distance). Besides that, there was fantastic music like ABBA and Westlife (i didn't quite enjoy Teresa Teng).

Besides that, Tony is right. There is a lot of team spirit in our MNO group! I'm extremely delighted to be in a group of fun people who are very genuine. We work hard for each other and there's a lot of enjoyment in the process. There is no complaints of splitting of work and no wayang. Such a refreshing change from army (in bmt not in maju, but sometimes in maju... hmmmmmm hahahhaa)

After hearing how people say "friends in uni suck", I decided not to waste my time in FOC and O-week. Of course, i was too caught up in enjoying my holidays and teaching tuition and driving, but i felt like i didn't have any more energy in me to do corny cheers and to meet new people. I don't regret not going, but i'm glad that despite not going for both orientation camps, i've not been treated differently by ppl around. Despite a slow start whereby i went to every lecture alone and sat alone at the very back of the LT (btw, this is very effective and good. it allows one to attain a state of peace and calm, and become 'one' with the lecture notes), Mr Tab helped me to assimilate into the alum group, although i still don't know 90% of the girls and i don't know if some of them are even in the alum group or not LOL.

I believe that despite our group being the most last minute in getting a project, the delay was worth it as we got ourselves a fantastic project!! easily the best our there! (THANKS ESTHER)

Ok I have reached my daily emo limit.
Shall continue with FIFO, LIFO, WAC. Seriously accountants have no life.
Marketing FTW

No comments: