Sunday, October 11, 2009

BOYZONE MEMBER DIES

Omg someone from Boyzone died!! Sensational news. The poor guy, he was the gay of the group. How tragic, I don't know how he died though. Anyway i'm not a big fan of Boyzone, just that some of their songs are power la sia. "Picture of you" has to be one of the coolest boyband songs ever.

Anyway, there has been (yet another) uproar over PSLE. Apparently the Maths paper was too hard, then the kids cried and parents complained etc.

SERIOUSLY GROW UP! I mean is this really the future of Singapore? Everything also must complain? Exam hard also complain? Isn't PSLE graded based on a bell curve as well? Besides, exam hard just suck thumb and work harder for the other subjects and your o lvls and a lvls. The kids are like so gu niang nowadays.

There is much to be concerned about. We have developed a breed of over-reliant, weak, results-oriented primary 6 kids. Back when I was primary 6 I was constantly playing marbles and spending all my recesses playing football, so tough and macho!! Nowadays, they just play random online games and facebook with their classmates.

hahaha. look at me! I also work very hard but got owned by DSC and chou fee seng! But i didn't cry... i'm a tough guy.

Well the best possible way to continue this post is to reminisce about my very own PSLE. It was quite simply a blur but I remembered loving the fact that I could go home right after exams!

I also remember not knowing the meaning of 'chivalry' which appeared in the English paper.

I remembered not doing the last problem sum of my Maths paper, simply peering at the next guy's answer and filling it into the answer space below (I guess this was the start of my dishonest cheating habits in exam haha).

Perhaps the most memorable event was my dad buying DREAMCAST on the night before my higher chinese paper. I spent the whole night sitting in the living room watching them play the console and getting all excited about it! needless to say i got a PASS for HCL. n00bed and pwned.

Alas my PSLE results were normal and below my parents' expectations, but hey! who cares man! PSLE = Please Stop Learning English. That was what we used to call it, naive and cute and lame, but if u think about it we actually have stopped learning English! how prophetic and cool.

To end this post, take a look at one of the questions from the controversial aforementioned PSLE Maths paper. It's a toughie, but I think choufeeseng's question 3 was harder.

"Jim bought some chocolates and gave half of it to Ken. Ken bought some sweets and gave half of it to Jim. Jim ate 12 sweets and Ken ate 18 chocolates. The ratio of Jim’s sweets to chocolates became 1:7 and the ratio of Ken’s sweets to chocolates became 1:4. How many sweets did Ken buy?"

First one to give the right answer gets a free autograph from me.

No comments: