Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Man Who Can't Be Moved

It has been an odd weekend.

I experienced something incredible on Friday. After a decent dinner with platoon mates around the Great World City area, it felt like it was pretty late, like 11pm-ish, but actually it was only 8pm. So after everyone went off and after an intriguing religion-talk with frank, i made my way back to my familiar 51 bus stop.

When i was 10m away from the bus stop, merrily singing to the tune on my mp3 player on a nice peaceful friday night, two 51 buses suddenly came together and zoomed past me. Sum thanks~ i just stood there stunned, not upset though, cos it was a nice peaceful night to be enjoyed.

I sat there for the next 15 min, staring into blank space. Then i wondered, hey i'm near church, i missed being in church on a nice weeknight just studying till 10 plus and then taking 51 home, how nice it would be if i could go now...

Then it hit me! I could go! It's friday night!! 8.15pm!! 15 min to caregroup meeting! the timing was too good to be true.

Then of course there was a struggle. Caregroup Meeting vs Going home to relax, play dota, chill out. I was giving all sorts of excuses to myself to do the latter. When i saw a double deck bus in the distance, i was like "if thats 51, i'm going home". Of course it wasn't going to be. That's when i knew God was saying "you better go Caregroup!!". hahaa of course i'm just kidding he din say that, but i knew He wanted me to go.

And i'm glad i did. Because i went, i convinced Dad to go. And Dad was just telling me today that he felt very blessed by Pastor's sermon that day. Indeed God is good.




The Man Who Can't Be Moved - The Script

Anyway i kept hearing this song this week on radio. I haven't kept in touch with radio lately. I heard it on the way to haircut on wednesday. Then on thursday i was half-sleeping on the seat and playing the song in my head at 6am in the morning as we were heading to jurong island in the van. and just nice at that moment i heard the song playing on radio! so qiao.

then i kinda forgot the tune for the next few days, so on saturday i was desperate to hear it again so i could remember the chorus lyrics and find the name of the song on the net. so i turned on my radio on saturday on the way to qamarul's house, then poof! 5 min later the song played!! yeehaa!!!

No comments: