Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hotel California

I remember staying away from this song for a long time due to rumours about it being Satanic. I finally plucked up courage to do some research on it. The lyrics are a little suspect when certain websites actually do make alot of outstanding interpretations towards Satanic themes. Then there's the "play backward and you can hear Satan's voice" thing that i can assure, is absolute rubbish. I have heard it myself and it's quite coincidental but erm, i'm quite sure if u do that for every song, u can find one or two Satanic lines as well. It's all in the mind.

Work of the devil, or not, this song should be appreciated for the musical genius it holds within. The rich melody enriched with cryptic lyrics are so cool that a cool 21 year old like me can appreciate music from 30+ years ago (and isn't mambo music). Check out this live version below. The intro has to be the most incredible and beautiful blend of acoustic guitars ever.


No comments: